(Drastoria- Draco realising that he’s fallen for Astoria. For thatastoriamalfoy.)
When Astoria Greengrass happened to flutter into his mind like a butterfly to a flower, a few hundred billion words came to mind. Musical, dynamic, intelligent. That woman was just so much more to him than anyone else had ever been.
Sure, during Hogwarts he’d snogged Pansy but that was all she was and would ever be to him, a long forgotten snog from years that he wanted to forget.
Turning his life around hadn’t been easy, but Draco Malfoy had done it all for her.
When he walked into their apartment, boxes littering every surface and plastic sheeting was laid out on the floor boards to keep paint from their aged surface, he groaned as he noticed her flicking through her box filled with vinyl albums. As she put something on, he dropped their dinner, take out noodles from the shop just around the corner and glanced at her face. Astoria was smiling, which in turn, made him smile brightly. She’d always had that effect on him, from the first moment he’d met her.
Oddly enough, Draco had never met the intelligent woman through his schooling years and he thanked Merlin for that. He didn’t want that woman to ever see him the way that so many others had seen. It’d pushed them away and Draco knew that if she had seen it, she wouldn’t be sitting across from him, laughing as she struggled to use chop sticks correctly.
Astoria had been his second chance, like the first rain fall after a long drought. She’d washed away all the darkness that clung desperately to his soul until there was nothing left but the hidden nightmares that the past brought to the surface.
But, slowly and over time, Astoria chased those away too.
Draco smiled at her, shaking his head as music filled the room. It was gorgeous, he’d give her that, but nothing compared to her singing voice or the way her fingers could deftly move across the keys of her piano.
Like the gentleman he was, he helped her with her chopsticks and received a playful shrug and a muttered, “Smart arse.” Before the woman continued on her food.
All through the meal, Draco was reminded just how much he’d fallen for this girl, with her dark hair and those green eyes like grass come spring. That was exactly what she was, his spring. Before her, life for him was a dark, endless winter with no way out, but when she’d come along, so had spring.
Draco Malfoy could admit that he’d fallen for Astoria Greengrass and hope swelled in his heart.
Maybe, just maybe, Astoria Greengrass would fall for him like he’d fallen for her. Fast and incredibly dangerous for a fragile heart.
- astxria reblogged this from astxriarchive
- scorofthemanor reblogged this from astxriarchive
- astxriarchive reblogged this from defence-against-the-drabbles
- asteria-malfoy likes this
- angel-eyes-devil-smile likes this
- okbooey likes this
- tonkinqueen reblogged this from defence-against-the-drabbles
- gothamite likes this
- hearthewinchestersroar reblogged this from defence-against-the-drabbles
- empyralstygian reblogged this from defence-against-the-drabbles
- reneblee likes this
- ilovefandoms reblogged this from defence-against-the-drabbles
- ilovefandoms likes this
- calumfromtheh0od likes this
- staarked likes this
- emma-vanity-notused likes this
- foxcannotsummit reblogged this from defence-against-the-drabbles
- foxcannotsummit likes this
- ofnarglesandbowties likes this
- soshasfuchsbau likes this
- punkprongs likes this
- lesmis-kitcat-downtherabbithole likes this
- greeneggsandham25 likes this
- autumnala reblogged this from defence-against-the-drabbles
- therisingsxn likes this
- icelumos reblogged this from defence-against-the-drabbles
- icelumos likes this
- toujourpurs likes this
- forgetmenotbutterfly likes this
- harrypottersrfs likes this
- hawthornandunicornhair likes this
- ad-tempus-vidae likes this
- dopiium likes this
- eccentricallypeculiar likes this
- deerindragonskin likes this
- defence-against-the-drabbles posted this